Friday, August 17, 2012

Feeling Random...

I went back to work yesterday.  I have mixed emotions.  No snarky comments are needed from the peanut gallery about having summer off.....you chose your career and I chose mine.  But I digress....not the point. 

Last year at this time I was basically in survival mode.  I was basically trying to figure out how in the world I was going to be ready for the first day of school. This year, I've decided that if I'm going to teach in a room covered in brown paneling I'm going to do everything I can to make it cute this year.  So, I've chosen a color scheme of hot pink, lime green, yellow and black.  It's going to be fantastic.  However, now I'm suddenly worried I've bitten off more than I can chew!  Right now there are five newly painted bookshelves in the middle of my classroom drying and the rest of the room looks like a tornado hit!  I'll let you know how it goes...

In other news, today is Carson's birthday. I can't believe my youngest boy is a year old already!  No more babies.  :(.  Any of my siblings out there ready to have a new baby for me to spoil?  No?   Oh well....

I think the dogs are really sad that I had to go back to work...well, the boys anyway.  Honey sleeps 23 hours a day so I'm pretty sure she didn't even notice.  The boys on the other hand ate a book while I was at work today.  The bad part is that I was about 30 pages from the end of the book.  I guess I'll be going to Target tonight. 


Tonight we are having a welcome home dinner for my friend Susan who has been away while she fights breast cancer for the last several months.  I'm so excited that she's back!  Here's an interesting story for you:  Pre-cancer when Susan would come to my house Reese would go crazy.  He wanted to sit in her lap...litteraly.  He wouldn't calm down (with most people it takes about 3 minutes for him to calm down once they come in).  So, when Susan was diagnosed with cancer she said "you know how Reese acts funny around me?  Maybe he can detect cancer!".  We have half joked/half seriously said that when she got home we'd have to test Reese's cancer detecting abilities.  I'm happy to report that when Susan came over the other night he did nothing....wagged his tail then laid down.  Susan will now be doing her 3 month checkups at my house!

I guess that's all the rambling I have for today....See ya in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do people in the service industry take advantage of women?