Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Job

I mentioned in an earlier post that I have a new job. I am the new music teacher at Crockett Elementary, and I LOVE it!  Here's my schedule:

7:30 Cafeteria Duty (ok, not the highlight of my day)
8:15 5th grade
9:00 6th grade
9:45 2nd grade
10:30 1st grade
11:30 more cafeteria duty...
12:00 Lunch
12:30 Conference
1:15 Kindergarten
2:00 4th grade
2:45 3rd grade

The upside of having cafeteria duty is that I can leave when the kids do....not that I've managed to do that yet.

As you can see, it's a packed day, but I'm loving every minute.  The planning is taking quite a bit longer than I'm used to, but it's worth it.  Kids have started asking, "Do I get to have music today?", and that makes my heart so happy! 

I know that every job has it's challenges, but I'm prepared to take those in stride.  I'm exhausted at the end of the day, but it's a great feeling to get to teach kids to love music like I do every day!

3 comments:

  1. Do you see the same kids every day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Carissa! I also have a great schedule this year with my English classes. I have 1st, 2nd and 4th graders. (I also have one 3rd grader - Erich!) Half of my classes are smaller groups with native speakers and the other half are with German children.So glad that we are both having a good year! I think about you, because I share my classroom with the music teacher.: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I have a four day rotation. So, if I see a class on Monday, I see them again on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Do people in the service industry take advantage of women?